Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Awakening Collection

The Awakening Collection from Jessica Cosmetics is a gorgeous collection of "Elegant Neutrals." There are six rich, versatile colors in this collection. When I first saw this collection I knew I needed to get my hands on it. I love cremes and the rich colors of this collection, they are perfect for nail art! or for a simple mani.The Awakening Collection is inspired by the butterfly and its transformation from a caterpillar. 


Flutter
Coat 1:

 Coat 2:

Flutter is a medium brownish-tan creme. I like Flutter with my skin tone, and once again would definitely use Flutter as a base for nail art, or even for a more mature mani. Flutter as was fully opaque in 2 coats.

Monarch
 Coat 1:


 Coat 2:


Monarch is a slate gray creme, I wouldn't say the color is particularly unique, but I love all shades of gray. Monarch applied easily and was opaque in 2 coats. I love Monarch and can easily see  myself using it as a base color in many manis!

 Sky High
Coat 1:
 Coat 2:

Sky High is a gorgeous soft baby blue creme. This light blue creme covers in 2 coats. I love baby blues (if you know my love for Zoya Kristen you're aware of this) and I use them for many nail art designs. I can't wait to include this in my stash, I can picture beautiful skies and waves made with Sky High

Soar
Coat 1:

Coat 2: 

Soar is a dusty rose-pink. Soar seems to me very similar to a taupe but with a hint of rose pink that makes it stand out from other tans. I do not particularly love Soar for my skin tone, but I could easily see someone using this for a simple yet sophisticated manicure. Soar covered fully in 2 coats.

Sunrise 
Coat 1:

 Coat 2:


Sunrise is a gorgeous shimmery coral. Sunrise is a bit of an odd-ball in this collection, but I don't mind at all. The coral is a bit more orange than pink with a white shimmer. Sunrise is a beautiful color perfect for summer and spring. Sunrise covered fully in 2 coats.

 Wing It
Coat 1:

 Coat 2:


 
Wing It is a rich light taupe creme. Although Wing It may be a bit light for my skin tone, I love it. Nudes have been very in lately and I would consider Wing It a nude for me. I think Wing It is a beautiful light tan creme and as with the other cremes in the Awakening Collection would be perfect for some gorgeous nail art. I love different tans/taupes and am very excited to add Wing It to my collection. Wing It also was fully opaque in 2 coats.

Overall, I love the Awakening Collection, I think the neutrals are gorgeous, I love the sophisticated spring feeling they have and can definitely see myself wearing all these shades multiple times over the upcoming months. The formula of Jessica Cosmetic's polishes is great! All of these polishes were fully opaque in 2 coats! That means a lot to me because I am SO impatient when it comes to waiting for polish to dry!


What do you think of the Awakening Collection? Let me know below or on Pretty in Paint's Facebook 

Check out Jessica's Website! Like Jessica Cosmetics on Facebook, or Follow Jessica Cosmetics on Twitter!


*These products were provided by Jessica Cosmetics for review. All opinions are my own*

7 comments:

  1. very nice colors,i love colors like that..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these are gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soar and Wing It are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are these polishes sold in any stores?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you can use this salon locator to see if there are any suppliers near you! http://www.jessicacosmetics.com/locator/index.php

      Delete