Thursday, May 17, 2012

Tweezerman Nail Kit!

Before I start the review I want to apologize for my lack of posting lately, with finals week and packing everything up I have been super busy, and I am actually now going away for a week so the craziness continues. I have a very exciting summer ahead, but not much free time. I hope to continue to post more regularly and I hope you all forgive me. Now onto the post!

Today's review is for the Tweezerman Nail Kit I received as a Tweezerman Ambassador. The kit included a satin etched zebra clipper set, a satin etched zebra cuticle nipper, a pushy, an eco friendly file, a set of 5 premium emory boards, a sansation nail file, a pedro callus stone and a master tech ingrown toenail file and cleaner. 





The Satin Etched Zebra Clipper Set is described as so "transform untidy, tattered or shabby nails into perfected pamper, lovingly trimmed look. 100% sanitizable." I do not clip my fingernails, something about the feeling irks me, but I used them on my toenails, and they are super strong! I don't tend to like nail clippers as I said because of the feeling but I LOVE these, they are strong,sturdy, comfortable to hold and work like a dream. The set has a straight edged clipper and a curved edged clipper. The design on the clippers is also super cute.


The Satin Etched Zebra Cuticle Nipper (Pictured Earlier in Post) has a "sturdy design reinforced by its rock-hard, stainless steel construction and features sharp, long-lasting snipping tips for smooth cutting action." This cuticle nipper is pretty sturdy, but is not the best cuticle nipper I have used. I love the sephora cuticle nipper I have because it is a bit sharper and smoother, but I definitely would not count out the Tweezerman. The cuticle nipper still works well and does its job, but it is not as sharp as I would prefer. 


Master Tech (Above) Pushy (Below)

The Stainless Steel Pushy "has thin, hand buffed edges for pushing back cuticles and cleaning under and around the nail without scratching." I love this tool! Cuticle pushers are a nice tool to have, and the square edge did wonders for cleaning up around my cuticles. I found using a cuticle balm and then the Pushy made my cuticles look 10 times better!

The Master Tech Ingrown Toenail File and Cleaner "features an ingrown file to help relieve the pressure of ingrown nails and a thin, curved end to clean under and around the nail." So this tool frightened me a bit when I opened the kit, I thought it was some kind of dental tool or something! I am not too sure how the ingrown file part works, but the curved end does work nicely to clean under the nail.
Eco File (Left) Sansation File (Center) Premium Emory Boards (Right)
The Eco Friendly File is "for medium sanding on acrylic nails and filing edge on natural nails. 100% biodegradable." I like the fact that Tweezerman is considering their impact on the world and created a biodegradable product. This nail file was a bit harsh for my natural nails, which are a bit brittle, but I would imagine would be very nice for someone with stronger nails or acrylics.

The Pack of Premium Emory Boards are "ultra durable." I really like these nail files, the coarseness works well for my nails and the files do seem quite durable. I used to use cheap packs of emory boards that you could buy 50 for $1.00, but I would definitely buy the Tweezerman emory boards because they work much better and seem a lot stronger.

The Sansation Nail File has a "reinforced center for durability and strength. Durable, washable and sanitizable." I like the fact that this file is washable and it has a similar coarseness to the pack of premium emory boards. However, the file is a bit impractical to me because of its size, I wonder if the make a smaller version that I could fit in my purse. 


The Pedro Callus Stone has "superior quality two-sided ceramic stone with a rough side for reducing calluses and a fine side for smoothing skin. Strong, sturdy handle for optimum control. Washable." This is AMAZING. It might be my favorite tool of the set. I am a dancer so my feet are less than pretty. But with the Pedro Callus Stone I scrubbed away all the dead skin and calluses and now have super smooth "pretty" feet. I am thrilled! and with definitely be using this throughout the summer, sandals make the calluses come out, but with the Pedro Callus Stone they won't be there for long! 

I am very impressed by the majority of the Tweezerman products, and I love the cute case that they all came in! 

What do you think of these products? Do you own any Tweezerman products? Let me know below or on facebook!

Check out Tweezerman on Facebook and Twitter!

*These products were provided by Tweezerman for review. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment